Karl and I were hoping to be in Texas over Thanksgiving, but God had other plans and they were good, duh. I was kind of dopey about Thanksgiving all week because I really love Thanksgiving, and while my family doesn't have a big tradition, we always enjoy lots of good food and family time and I knew I would be missing that. Oh, and also Karl & I would be waking up from night #9 in the sickest hotel ever come Thanksgiving morning. That is another post. Know this: I am such a hotel freak/snob. I don't do cheap hotels, old hotels, hotels that don't have a properly working air conditioner or hotels that I feel like I need to wear shower shoes in... all of that was broken on our 10 night stint in military housing. Grossssssss. I'm still recovering.
Anyways, Karl and I planned to have a Thanksgiving picnic, see a movie, explore the phoenix mountains (you know, without getting out of the car), and just lay low but have a special day, nonetheless. I woke up on Thanksgiving regretting our plan. I jumped online and found this restaurant nearby that had an open reservation and we decided to splurge on a nice meal. So we saw a movie and had lunch, skyped my family, and then had dinner.
Dinner was SUCH a treat! Not only did Karl treat us to fancy but it was just sweet time with him. How many couples get to have Thanksgiving just the two of them!?! Not only that, it really reminded me of the holidays that Pa insisted we all spend/dine at The Gaylord- eating fancy out on Holidays will always remind me of Pa and that is sweet stuff. We will absolutely go back to the place we ate at- God totally blessed us with this awesome Thanksgiving treat because making a last minute reservation, boy, we could've ended up anywhere. We sat on a patio with heat lamps and talked about all the ways God blesses us so abundantly. Here is where we went! Come visit us and we'll have a spa day there :)
The icing on the Thanksgiving cake was going to bed knowing that was our last night in the nastotel, you know, nasty hotel.
Very thankful,
Hannah K.C. Burton



No comments:
Post a Comment