UPDATE: Sidenote- this is more for my own memory than reader entertainment... So, just got back from the aforementioned test. I passed. It took me 3 hours and 180 questions but I passed. I left the room (almost last) and immediately emailed Karl. Walked the sidewalk down Maple, checked my voicemail, and listened to "Beth" tell me that Karl and I got the house we have been pining for. I passed and we have a home. I passed, I am done with college, and we are adults. I passed, I am done with college, we are adults, and I am getting married. I am about 5,000 steps closer to being married to Karl. Literally walked to my car in tears. Audible, big, warm, tears. This nightmare of education, the wonderful phenomenon of collegiate life, the tests, papers, horrible & wonderful teachers, checklists, syllabi... it's over. I finally got to talk to Karl on the phone via Skype. I think I said "it's over" about 100 times. I am in awe, but not really, because I believe in The Lord, in His faithfulness and goodness. As Karl said to me this morning, "remember God is graceful & loving & He will help you." I hung to that all day, as I feel I have for nursing school, and will continue to do the rest of my life. Praise God for His fun blessings. Praise. God. It's. Over. Praise God it's just beginning (Karl- can't wait to move into OUR HOUSE and LIVE WITH YOU!!)
After I passed the last test I will ever take in college (in case anyone forgot), I went and picked up my complimentary one year free membership to the U of A Alumni Association because lets face it, I'M AN ALUMNI!! Secondly, I went and ordered my final transcripts to be sent to the Texas State Board of Nursing because I'M TAKING THE NCLEX THIS SUMMER! Lastly, I went and picked up my BSN pin for the pinning ceremony on Friday because...I'M DONE WITH COLLEGE AND BEING PINNED AS A NURSE ON FRIDAY!! L.I.G. baby.
153. Why is that number significant? Because it's the number of tests I will have taken in college at the University of Arkansas as an undergraduate student as of 3 hours from now... which also happens to be the time I will be done with my undergrad career, NBD (no big deal). Should I knock on wood, though? If you read my previous post, you read that I have to pass this test in order to pull away from this city on Sunday, bags packed, never looking back. OK, so I'll look back, and come back, and walk back on memory lane. I know you're all thinking, "Zuh, she'll pass. Stop being dramatic." But let me tell you, out of the 40-something people in my class, I can almost promise at least 10 of us won't pass. Just saying. Not to jinx myself or make what I'm about to do any less special, BUT, I'm nervous. I want to go out with a bang... not a "WOO HOO, last test!... I mean, whoops... guess I'll have to re-do in two weeks..." Anyways, wish me (and Allie, and the other 40-something of our closest peers) luck as we slap good 'ol Nursing School a swift one on our way in to knock this last one out to the ballpark. Sayonara Eleanor Mann School of Nursing. Have fun wherever soul-less academic programs go to rot.



WOOOO I think as a 'tried and just couldn't cut it' member of nursing school I can say : WAY TO GO HANNAH!!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd also I'm excited about y'alls house- way more fun to buy things for a house when you can picture where they will be!!!!!!
OK, so I have this 5 year old little boy sitting beside me wondering why I'm crying. I'm doing the same. Is it the music playing in the background? Is it the fact that my oldest son is about to be a husband? Beautiful. A prayer we've had for him since birth - that he would meet a girl who loves the Lord and they would marry and have a family that loves and serves God.
ReplyDeleteSide note - He is such a fine young man, and no I'm not just saying that because he's my son. He is a wonderful man, and will be a wonderful husband to you, Hannah. And, one day, a wonderful daddy to your children.
Is it because I'm proud of you and all your hard work, and so happy for you and all you've accomplished?! Is it because I read this and know that your love and Karl's love for the Lord is real and authentic and it makes my heart feel good? Is it because the more I read your heart the more I see your great love for my son?
Is it because it's so sweet to read and know the excitement you both have for the wedding day and getting that house y'all wanted?
I know I cried the hardest thinking about you walking away from that test and emailing Karl and just your words that described that moment - so sweet. I imagined you even skipping along. It's all this and more, I think.
I am so happy for you and Karl, and find myself imagining all the time his face when he watches you walk down the isle to him. I think I will be a mess in that moment. That sweet smile of his melts this mama's heart! I know I'll cry the moment I hug him - miss him terribly! HURRY UP AUGUST!!