Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Bailey Family Visit

If you follow me on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter than you know that The Bailey Family was here last weekend for a much anticipated visit and it did not disappoint!  Yes, the stomach virus that followed them here from Texas could've stayed where it came from, however, I cannot think of anything that would've stolen our fun while they were here!!
Karl & Oliver got to play A LOT!  Both of them had tons of fun!  I think it's because they have equal amounts of energy and none of the other adults can keep up with them.

Look at that chubbiness!

Ollie used the fabric high chair Uncle Karl sewed for him... with a stool underneath it.  Looks really safe, right?

Lots of fountains and splash parks around here to help keep cool!
We started off our week of fun with a trip to the Grand Canyon!  Ollie didn't love the car ride there but it is such a short trip from Phoenix it wasn't too bad!  By the time we got there it was dark so we checked into our hotel and went to an overpriced Mexican restaurant :)  We had adjoining rooms so after Ollie went to bed we played a few rounds of Farkle and Callie's magical dice-rolling fingers dominated us all.  On Sunday we made our way to the canyon- none of us had ever been before and it was truly awesome!  I do not understand how anyone can see something like that and not believe in our one true God.  What an imaginative, creative, and really awesome God He is!  And then we were like, OK now what??  So we drove the length of the southeastern part of the rim and finally felt like the trip was worth it, ha. It was an awesome weekend!
And then on the drive home we went thru Sedona so The Baileys could see the red rocks.  Also an awesome detour!  So awesome that Callie threw Ollie up and down over and over!  {And see how cute and pregnant Callie is?!?  I've been holding in the Baby Bailey #2 secret for months and they're revealing the gender THIS WEEKEND!} ...Anywayz, Ollie threw up a ton about 3 minutes later.  And that, my friends, is when the stomach bug entered our week.
Fortunately that was the only time Ollie got sick and he seemed to be on the mend on Monday so we went to the Rangers Spring Training game against the Giants!  It was SO FUN!  We sat on the lawn, took lots of good food, ate sno cones, and just had a blast!  Basically, we did everything except watch the game.  I have no clue if they won.

The virus robbed our Tuesday when it came in the night and owned Callie.  And then took all of Jeremy's lunch money on Wednesday.  I will say that I didn't hate all the alone time I got with Oliver while his parents weren't feeling well ;) We tried really hard to get out of the house so we went to lunch and shopped a little on Wednesday night but nobody was feeling 100%.  Thursday morning I woke up and wasn't feeling great.  Karl stayed home from work and we decided to brave the zoo.  We were a sorry bunch with basically 10% energy if you gathered up everything we had.  The bug got me that night while The Baileys were visiting Jeremy's grandma that lives here but God definitely spared me and I was feeling better by Friday!
Callie & I enjoyed getting our nails done Friday morning and then we all enjoyed lunch out after.  I took them all to the airport that afternoon by myself since Karl was at work and then drove home crying :( ...pitiful.  The Bailey's spent ALL of Jeremy's Spring Break here- we were so excited to have them and just had a blast!  I made precious memories with Oliver (well, for me at least) and even got to see some of his first steps!!  We love The Bailey's!  Karl & I wish we could live in a big compound with all my sisters and their babies.  We love those kids like our own and just cherish every second, all the drool, the toys, their little voices- they are so precious to us, I would clean up Ollie's vom everyday if it meant living in the same town as him!  Now we're counting the days till Matt, Maddie, and Lucy come to visit... especially when Matt & Maddie go to Vegas and I get to keep Lucy all to myself!!!!

Love,
Hannah K.C. Burton

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet picture of Karl and Oliver! He will be such an awesome daddy one day!!!! Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete