Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas!


I have so much catching up to do! I finally finished exams the second week of December, successfully I might add, and raced home to prepare for Karl's arrival! I worked every day prior to him coming, finished up Christmas shopping, and enjoyed much needed time with family. Sidenote, can I just say I swear I will finish my shopping at least a week before Christmas for the rest of my life! Never again will I be shopping the day before. Horrible. Arlington was completely overrun with psychotic shoppers from suburban North Texas which I don't understand because The Parks Mall is disgusting. Is there not an Agaci at your local mall? Needless to say, I finally finished it all in the nick of time.

After much anticipation on Christmas Eve morning Karl came in! I hadn't seen him since the middle of October and with his deployment less than 3 weeks away, this was a much needed visit. It was so great- we played wedding planning, relaxed, saw a lot of friends and family, and enjoyed Christmas and our first New Years we have ever gotten to spend together!

There is just so much I could share about Karl's visit but pictures are so much better than words so here are a few from his time in Texas!


I always love the Christmas Eve worship service! Here's the whole family. I might as well take this awkward opportunity to introduce Jeremy to my loyal readers. Jeremy is Callie's boyfriend and is a fabulous addition to our family pictures! If you see him out, he likes to be called J Man Bear Cat, just so you know and get it right.


So glad to have him home and to get to worship next to him on Christmas Eve!



Gifts at Gammy's on Christmas morning! I'll spare you the earlier pictures of 7 am gifts at my house. Gammy tricked Karl and Jeremy and gave them cuban cigars as gifts... turns out it was yummy smelling cologne, very funny!


After gifts we had lunch at The Worthington... delicious food, delightful mimosas, wonderful company!



No Christmas is complete without a short photoshoot


Saturday was Christmas with my Nana and my dad's brother and it was, as expected, wonderful! Also a great way to relax after the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve and Day run around.

I'm going crazy, there is just so much more to tell! I can't even get it all out! Some more things that sum up my wonderful 24 hours of Christmas eve and Christmas Day... orange push-pops, Karl, sweat shirts, Sephora trips, shopping, dates, fires, gifts, food, sleep and rest, movies, pictures, wedding planning, Guesstures and games, decorating, birthdays, grandparents, white christmas, church & worship, long conversations, coffee twice a day just because I love the taste... winter break rules.

I loved how The Lord allowed me to really soak Christmas up this year. I love that I was appalled at the insanity of shopping and blessed by the presence of family, friends, and fiance! Christmas this years was fantastic, a wonderful reminder of God's love for us and the unfathomable miracle of Jesus' birth!

1 comment: